Our digital experience insights surveys show how your students and staff are using the technology you offer, what is making a difference to their learning and working experiences and where improvements can be made.
The surveys deliver valuable data to inform your digital strategy, investment plans and help you respond to changing environments. They also provide a structured process to engage students and staff in conversations about how you can develop and improve your offering.
We offer surveys for students, teaching staff, professional service staff and researchers.
About digital experience insights
Reveal an accurate picture of how your students, staff and researchers are experiencing every aspect of your digital environment.
Digital experience insights enables you to:
- Capture data to inform future investment decisions
- Transform and enhance the digital experience of students and staff
- Secure return on investment and productivity savings
- Identify gaps in provision and provide targeted support
- Establish baseline data and monitor year on year improvements
- Benchmark your progress against others’ nationally
- Demonstrate enhanced levels of engagement and respond to the student voice
Key features of the service include:
- Tailored question sets for students, teaching staff, professional services staff and researchers
- Guidance and support on how to run the surveys, analyse and use your data
- Live data analysis
- Sector benchmarking data
- Annual reports that highlight national issues
- Membership of an active and vibrant community of practice with online and face-to-face activities and support
Pricing depends on the size of your university and Jisc band, ranging from £1,697 - £6,010. Get in touch via the service website and we will get back to you with a precise quote.
Get started with digital experience insights
The 2022/23 digital experience insights surveys open on 24 October 2022 and include:
- Student survey - closes 28 April 2023
- Professional service staff survey - closes 23 June 2023
- Teaching staff survey - closes 30 June 2023
- Researcher survey - closes 30 June 2023
- Post 16 Wales survey - closes 31 March 2023
Find out more
Let us know if you'd like to hear more about the digital experience insights service.
Access our 2022/23 survey reports
Access our 2021/22 survey reports
- Learner digital experience insights survey 2021/22: further education findings (pdf)
- Student digital experience insights survey 2021/22: higher education findings (pdf)
- Teaching staff digital experience insights survey 2021/22: further education findings (pdf)
- Teaching staff digital experience insights survey 2021/22: higher education findings (pdf)