Digital research community group
Facilitating open sharing, discussion and collaboration for the research community.
Facilitated by Jisc
Open to anyone working in higher education research
Regular meetings on Microsoft Teams and JiscMail updates
We are facilitating open sharing for research leaders, researchers and research support professionals within a secure community.
About the community
It will help enable discussion of concerns and the sharing of ideas across a full spectrum of activities related to research within institutions.
It will also provide a space for you to:
- Consider where technology solutions might alleviate concerns and support objectives, and the culture, skills and processes needed for effective implementation of those solutions
- Share technology innovation and good practice, demonstrating the ‘art of the possible’
- Unite disciplines, mission groups and geography
- Encourage collaboration and seek unified approaches
Community council members
- Dr Nicola Abraham, lecturer, applied theatre practices, Royal Central School of Speech and Drama
- Dr Sean Adams, senior lecturer in New Testament and ancient culture, University of Glasgow
- Chris Awre, interim university librarian and associate director (collections, learning and research), University of Hull
- Professor Balbir Barn, professor of software engineering, deputy dean, Faculty of Science and Technology, Middlesex University London
- Professor Anne Boddington, professor emeritus of design innovation at Kingston University and REF 2021 sub panel chair for art and design
- Professor Michael Braddick, professor of history, University of Sheffield
- Professor Richard Catlow, foreign secretary and vice-president of the Royal Society
- Rachel Cox, engagement and policy project manager, Vitae
- Vanessa Cuthill, director of research, The British Academy
- Professor Karen Fleming, Belfast School of Art, Ulster University
- Professor Mark Horton, director of research and professor of archaeology and cultural heritage, Royal Agricultural University
- George Macgregor, institutional repository manager, University of Strathclyde, representing UKCORR
- Professor Sunil Manghani, professor of theory, practice and critique, Winchester School of Art, University of Southampton
- Professor Marcus Munafo, professor of biological psychology, University of Bristol
- Valerie McCutcheon, research information manager, University of Glasgow, representing ARMA
- Dr Paul Richmond, president of the society of research software engineers, University of Sheffield
- Mike Saunders, head of quality improvement, York College
- Professor Iain Styles, professor of computer science, institutional lead for data science and AI, University of Birmingham
- Steve Williams, university librarian, head of libraries and culture, Swansea University
- Professor Jane Winters, professor of digital humanities and pro-dean for libraries, School of Advanced Study, University of London
- Justin O’Byrne, UKRI
Join the community group
To get involved, you can request to join our digital research community Teams site.
You can also join the conversation and keep up to date with activities through the digital research community JiscMail list.