About health and social care training
Our health and social care service offers engaging learning and teaching resources aligned to the curriculum (supporting learning in every mandatory unit at levels two and three). You'll have access to over 90 resources covering all mandatory units including dementia and learning difficulties. They are compliant with National Vocational Qualifications (NVQ), Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQ) and National Occupational Standards (NOS). Links to the qualifications and standards are explicit throughout the individual learning objects.
These resources were created by leading online learning developer Virtual College, using a subject matter expert to ensure they are accurate and practical.
You can search by resource type, level and unit to find learning objects that directly support your course progress and encourage independent thinking and learning. The content is fresh and innovative with videos, guides, quizzes, games and a mix of other interactive resources.
This training service is a paid-for, licensed service that will develop in response to user feedback and as the curriculum evolves.
- All videos have closed captions embedded
- All guides and infographics are in a pdf machine-readable format, allowing users to use read out loud functions and highlighting
- Alternative resources for all service content are signposted and include narration elements to aid learners
- All resources were designed to have suitable contrast levels for ease of reading for learners with reading difficulties and colour-blind learners
- Transcripts are available on every resource page
Who should use the resources?
Our health and social care resources are designed to support teaching staff in FE and skills who deliver health and social care courses and also for learners studying these subjects at levels two and three.
Supporting vocational learners
We also offer:
These courses enable learners to continue their studies off campus.