Demonstrate the impact of your institutional repository.
IRUS–UK is a standards-based statistics aggregation service for repositories in the UK, enabling them to share and compare usage statistics using the COUNTER standard.
The service collects, then processes usage data from repositories and current research information systems (CRIS), and consolidates that data into COUNTER-compliant statistics by following the COUNTER code of practice.
This enables UK repositories to provide consistent, comparable and trustworthy usage data as well as benchmarking usage of their repository at a national level.
- Facilitates comparable, standards-based measurements
- Provides an evidence base for repositories to develop policies and initiatives to help support their objectives
- Offers consistent and comprehensive statistics, presenting opportunities for benchmarking at a national level
- Provides opportunities to demonstrate the value and impact of institutional repositories
- Supports an active user community, ensuring that the service is responsive to emerging user requirements