We negotiate and license the digital content agreements you need to support academic research, teaching and learning.
Jisc Collections works on behalf of Jisc members and customers, to negotiate and license the high-quality digital content agreements needed to support academic research, teaching and learning. Our strategic groups set the direction of negotiations.
You can browse, purchase and manage your subscriptions to all the digital content and services licensed via Jisc Collections agreements through licence subscriptions manager.
We also undertake the licensing for a number of other library-related Jisc services and products such as Historical Texts and JUSP.
Benefits for institutions
We represent the interests of all members by:
- Engaging with representatives from institutions, sector bodies, research funders and international consortia to ensure that we always support research, teaching and learning
- Negotiating the best possible price, terms, and access conditions for licensed digital content
- Supporting the transition to open access through negotiating agreements that meet Plan S* and research funder policies - and requiring the adoption of standards and service levels in those agreements
- Offering optional licensing services - such as our transnational education licensing service, which simplifies licensing content for education delivered outside the UK
- Undertaking research and evaluating data to inform negotiations and to develop new models and metrics for pricing and licensing
- Ensuring that our policies evolve and develops to match your requirements
This service is part of the core Jisc subscription for our HE and FE members.
The service is also available to affiliate members of Jisc Collections and we offer a tailored service to institutions and groups in other sectors and countries engaged in education and research which are ineligible for the full Jisc membership.
*One target and ten principles related to cOAlition S: an initiative to make full and immediate Open Access to research publications a reality.