As one of the world’s leading public cloud platforms, Azure is a great choice for dynamically providing infrastructure in the cloud.
It's a good idea to invest in specialist support for all your Azure compute, storage, database, networking, security, and identity management needs. Letting us handle the day in, day out stuff leaves you more time to focus on your organisation’s digital transformation.
Choose your level of support
Core managed service
If you’re planning to continue to manage aspects of your Azure environments yourself, the core managed service will free up more of your time by providing:
- First line support – for Azure compute, storage, networking, security, identity and compliance, and escalation to Microsoft Premier Support
- Service desk – for change requests and incident handling
- Configuration and management of Azure VMs patching and anti-malware
- Monitoring of Azure VMs – (memory, CPU, disk, network traffic), Azure Monitor dashboards, uptime monitoring and alerting
- Monthly monitoring and reporting – on patching, incident management, security and compliance, cost optimisation and availability
Add in patching and monitoring if it helps – there’s no extra cost.
Enhanced managed service
Looking for more? The enhanced managed service adds these services to the core package:
- Enhanced 24/7 monitoring and pro-active alerts if your public-facing web services hosted on Azure become unavailable, with a monthly report detailing their overall availability
- Automated power on/off scheduling for selected VMs to help minimise your Azure costs
- Managed backup for Azure VMs and SQL Databases – configuration and scheduling of lifecycle and retention policies
- Enhanced anti-malware for critical applications and services – COTS anti-malware config, reporting, monitoring, and alerting
- Monthly calls to discuss any issues with key members of the support team (eg your Jisc relationship manager, managed service manager and an Azure solution architect
- Two days’ free consultancy annually with our Azure solution architects or cloud consultants, (split into half-day sessions if you prefer)
- An annual security review of your Azure infrastructure
- A quarterly architecture review providing security/compliance/ cost recommendations and upgrades
- Enhanced security – providing Security Centre Standard for all resources, AAD P1 (Conditional Access) configuration, benchmarking to CIS Level 2, configuration of Azure Firewall, longer log file retention, Azure Policy configuration, higher quantity and quality alerting, Azure DDoS configuration and enhanced endpoint protection
Managed services billing portal
Billing features for our core and enhanced service options:
- Cost monitoring
- Pre-payment options
- Management of credits
- SAML 2 support
Support that meets your needs, whatever your stage of cloud maturity
Get your service level agreement right. Procuring through Jisc gives you access to Microsoft’s strong service level agreement, giving you peace of mind and defining the crucial aspects of the service like responsibility, quality and availability between Microsoft and your organisation.
Optimise efficiencies with personalised monthly recommendation reports. They highlight information on cost best practice, reserved instances, VM right-sizing, usage best practice and the security of your Azure subscriptions. These reports include regular suggestions to help you find cost savings. We also provide monthly reports on service incidents and patching.
Get expert help and advice whenever you need it. Advice, design and hands-on working with your team are all available as consultancy support.
Getting help is simple with managed Azure. Your IT support team needs just one point of contact. It’s us!
We triage calls about service issues via our ITSM web portal and pass them on to Microsoft Premier Support if required. Pass your billing, subscription and other issues to us, too.
Need help managing payments for our services?
Did you know you our customers can make pre-payments for Jisc cloud products and services ahead of the time they wish to use them, they can then ‘draw down’ against the pre-payment to be applied to Jisc invoices for completed projects involving Jisc products or services.
As an Azure partner and approved reseller, Jisc cloud solutions can provide members and customers Azure products and services through the digital marketplace G-Cloud framework and OCRE framework and by direct award.
Our partnership with Microsoft
Jisc is a Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) with a Microsoft Gold Cloud Platform competency and extensive expertise in the Azure platform allowing us to become your strategic business partner at any stage of cloud maturity. We can assist and facilitate procurement, design, and delivery of Azure with a support wrapper and ongoing full life-cycle management.