Monitoring over 1500 connections for nearly 600 organisations and over 850 users, Netsight provides insight into the overall status of the Janet Network and detailed information about your connections.
Netsight is available to all Janet Network-connected organisations and provides valuable insight into the utilisation and performance of your connections.
Account details are provided as part of the connection process or by completing the account registration form.
- Traffic lights show network status
- Graphed data for individual connections
- Graphs for traffic, round trip time, ping response
- Data is stored for up to three years
- Data export facility
- Improved approach to access security (individual user accounts are tied to an organisation)
The underlying architecture of Netsight has been redesigned with a new code base, new user access approach and validation mechanism. This brings it in line with current and best design and security practices helping ensure Netsight is future-proof.
Maintenance of the Netsight system normally occurs between 08:00-09:00 on the first and third Wednesday of every month. During these periods, Netsight may not be available to users.
Find out more
- Read the Netsight user guide
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
This service is included within the scope of our ISO9001 certificate.
Read more about International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) standards and view Jisc certificates.