Whether you attend in person or online, you’ll leave feeling inspired, supported and with practical personal development knowledge transfers, key takeaways and on-demand resources for future use.
Attend Networkshop to:
- Learn how to leverage the latest trends, technologies and organisational shifts that are changing the course of IT infrastructure, security, operations and cloud
- Develop the personal tools you need to achieve your priorities and help your institution thrive in the evolving digital infrastructure landscape
- Explore first hand the cutting edge technologies that are changing the infrastructure, security, operations and cloud landscape
- Discover how you can successfully put forward the business cases for investment. Hands-on sessions will share practical steps that need to be in place to move forward and remove internal barriers
Next generation networking
Explore the evolution of secure, sustainable next generation networking – enabling the right technology to converge to deliver digital transformation. We will be covering all the key topics in thought-provoking sessions, from SD Wan, 5G/6G, secure access service edge and active learning and machine learning applications to cyber security, SAAS and high performance computing.
Net zero innovation
Find out how colleges and universities are rising to the challenge of sustainability in networking and learn about the next steps your own organisation could take to meet the net zero imperative.
Defend as one
Keeping your organisation secure is always top of the agenda, and every member of your team has a part to play, especially in a multi-cloud world. Get practical advice to safeguard your network and drive digital transformation.
Staff are key to delivering digital transformation. Discover how to upskill the workforce most effectively and tackle resource issues.
- Sudheer Matta, group vice president – product management, Juniper Networks
- Davin Fligel, principal system engineer – public cloud, UK&I, Fortinet
Networkshop’s for you
Are you an IT leader or technician? You need to be at Networkshop, where the sector comes together to discuss secure, next generation networking.
Networkshop will especially appeal to you if you're a:
- IT director, head of IT, chief information officer, chief information security officer, principal, vice principal, network manager, estates director, head of network research
- Solutions architect, IT manager, security manager, analyst, information security, network engineers, technical staff, IT security officers, IT operations manager, senior network engineer, estates manager, research network manager
- Non-IT – head of business transformation, head of department, estate manager, HR, data analytics manager, training development lead
Networkshop is a CPD accredited event
Jisc is a member of the CPD Certification Service and by attending Networkshop you can add this learning time towards your individual continuing professional development (CPD) goals. After the event, you'll receive a digital certificate with CPD points to add to your personal log or organisational file.
Sustainability - reducing our global impact
We are working hard to reduce the impact that Networkshop 2023 has on the environment, locally and globally.
Networkshop is held at the Nottingham Trent university events and conferencing in the centre of Nottingham, enabling easy and efficient access using public transport from across the UK.
NTU is a 19-minute walk from the Nottingham train station or a short 9-minute tram ride away.
Nottingham Trent University is fully committed to its green credentials, and actively promotes sustainability across a wide range of initiatives. As one of the largest universities in the UK with 33,000 students and 4,000 colleagues, they are working hard to become the most environmentally responsible University by 2025.
NTU has been a certified user of the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System for over a decade and are continuing to demonstrate their commitment to sustainability through several initiatives:
- In 2020, NTU came 4th in the UI Green Metric World University Rankings, cementing the University’s position as a World Top 5 University for Sustainability
- In 2020 NTU won the CHS 2020 Award for Best Sustainable / CSR Practice for their conferencing and events facilities.
- A sustainable food and drinks policy is adhered to, NTU offer seasonal, local and ethically sourced meals to reduce the CO2 emissions and helping to minimise the impact on the environment, wildlife and human health. In 2021 NTU Catering Services won the ‘Green Gown Awards 2021: Campus Health, Food and Drink’ for their holistic approach to sustainability. Since November 2011, NTU Catering has maintained a Silver ‘Food for Life Served Here’ Award by the Soil Association.
- NTU separates and recycle glass, cardboard, and paper waste and it directs 99% of waste from landfill. The catering team have made huge efforts to reduce single-use plastic over the last few years, which is why water is now served from glass bottles.
- Although the University is based within Nottingham city, NTU are avid wildlife lovers and they achieved the Hedgehog Friendly Campus (HFC) Bronze Award 2020/21. NTU is also the home to a pair of Peregrine Falcons, which are protected and can be viewed through a live camera stream. NTU planted 5,000 trees on site to act as a carbon sinc and home to wildlife. NTU makes continuous development to increase their green space and conservation by introducing green walking routes and the ‘flower pod’. The Brackenhurst campus is home to largest populations of Great Crested Newts
We work with exhibition suppliers who offer multiple display deliveries and re-use stands which further reduce the environmental impact vs traditional “space only” events.
We actively encourage exhibitors to be mindful of their environmental impact.
The approach we take with our exhibitions encourages the use of digital messaging, reducing the opportunity for printed materials, graphics and giveaways.
At the event
The Networkshop event app significantly reduces the amount of printing required at the event. Any event printing is now FSC certified and fully recyclable. All laminate or UV finishes have been removed from our marketing materials, ensuring that recycling can occur.
Our lanyards, when used, are made of bamboo and PET materials that are biodegradable.
The use of Foamex materials has been replaced with recyclable alternatives for any signage or branding at events. We have eliminated the use of vinyl opting for alternative recyclable or reusable materials.
Email email@example.com for more information on Networkshop 2023.