What is retained expertise?
If your organisation is a Jisc member you already have access to extensive advice and practical support from our sector experts to help you in your daily practice.
However, in these challenging times for HE and FE you are probably often asked to take on new responsibilities or participate in a project that requires you to think in new ways about unfamiliar concepts. Or perhaps your organisation has embarked on a significant change programme – requiring digital leadership, strategic skills and experience? In these cases, you might want to tap into additional, highly specialised support.
How we can help
Retained expertise gives you access to someone with specialist knowledge and experience to:
- Bounce your thoughts and ideas off
- Help you ask the right questions and frame your thinking in a safe space
- Enable you to sharpen up your project plans and manage change
- Enable you to keep ownership of your project and to develop skills and abilities that can take you to the next stage in your career
Our subject specialists have the technical and sector-specific knowledge to support you in using digital technologies to achieve your operational goals.
Sign up to one of our four packages of support and use the time however you choose over a 12-month period. That means you can opt for as little as an hour of phone support to talk through a particular issue, or arrange a day’s visit to your college or university to review project plans, take part in a crucial meeting or participate in a workshop.
Benefits to your organisation
- 12 months of support from a subject and sector expert for as little as £1,000
- Flexibility to buy the amount of support you need, use the time as you need it and even amend the project parameters if necessary
- Access to expert opinion, practical experience and a network of people whose own experiences could help you
- Full control to make your own decisions and to develop new skillsets
- Advice on using products and services in your Jisc subscription to help you achieve your goals and save you money
How it works
Your relationship manager will put you in touch with one of our subject specialist whose skills and experience offer the best fit for your needs.
Arrange a free, no obligation, virtual meeting to talk to your subject specialist so that you can learn more about each other and agree a practical way forward.
We offer four packages, and a preferential rate for Jisc members.
Simply order the package of hours that you need (you can add more time later if needed), and agree a start date. Then get in touch when you need input – it’s helpful if you can give us as much notice as you can so that we can try to fit in with your plans as closely as possible.
|Jisc members||Non Jisc members|
Please note that we will also charge travel and associated expenses at cost price for face-to-face meetings and site visits where these are requested.
- Trust and identity consultancy - targeted, bespoke support to help you make the most of our trust and identity services