In my role I am responsible for the delivery of a high performing procurement and contract management service for Jisc and our members. This includes:
- Working with all directorates in Jisc to develop a procurement and contract management strategy to support the corporate strategy
- All sourcing and procurement activity, including setting up frameworks and DPSs used by our members
- Commercial contract and supplier management for all contracts and frameworks.
- Ensuring that our procurement strategy is in line with our commitment to reducing our carbon emissions.
- Being and active member of the UK procurement / purchasing community, particularly those within the higher and further education sector
I have seventeen years’ experience of working in procurement and contract management, nine years in Bristol City Council and eight years working in Jisc. I achieved my MCIPS qualification in 2011. During my career I have been involved in a wide range market areas including IT, cloud services, facilities, construction and health and social care.
This experience includes several years in leadership and management roles with experience of developing procurement functions to support and meet the business needs as well as complying with the Public Contract regulations. Further to this, I have produced many complex procurement strategies and supported several transformation programmes.