Cyber Essentials Plus is the next step after achieving Cyber Essentials certification. This course is led by a Cyber Essentials Plus assessor and designed to guide you through the verification process of the controls needed to pass Cyber Essentials for your organisation.
During this highly interactive, live, online course we will explore the process, tools, techniques and methodology used to assess the technical controls you have in place.
We’ll look at remote and onsite testing, common problems, issues and pitfalls, with tips and hints to help your Cyber Essentials Plus assessment run as smoothly as possible.
Who should attend
Suitable for a wide audience from security roles and IT roles, including desktop, sys-admins and network teams.
What we cover
- Cyber Essentials Plus certification – what does it involve?
- Common pitfalls
- Discussion on aspects most relevant to your institution
- Failures and how to avoid them
- What are the likely costs of certification
- What to prepare in advance of certification
- How to get your organisations’ buy in
- Assessor’s top tips
By the end of the session you will:
- Understand fundamentals and benefits of obtaining Cyber Essentials Plus certification
- Know the tools used and how the assessment is carried out
- Know where potential challenges lie and know options to resolve those in advance
- Have confidence in applying for Cyber Essentials Plus certification
- Know how to get more help if you need it
Pricing and eligibility
- Jisc members - £125 + VAT
- Non-member , not-for-profit - £150 + VAT
Member types and VAT information
- Jisc members – typically publicly funded FE, HE and research institutions
- Non-members - Eligible local government, public sector, private/independent education providers and non-profit customers
- VAT - is charged at 20% of the value of the service. If you are a member of Jisc’s VAT-exempt cost sharing group, and you are able to provide confirmation of the exact taxable/exempt use of the service, we will be able to reduce the amount of VAT chargeable to reflect the taxable business use proportion of the service only. This additional information is required as a result of a change to HMRC policy. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more information.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 01235 822242.
An easy route to procurement
We are an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service dynamic purchasing system (DPS). This provides a simple and trusted way for public sector buyers and our members to procure Jisc cyber security services and training.