This highly-interactive, live, online course is led by a Cyber Essentials assessor and designed to guide you through the 79 questions involved in the Cyber Essentials certification process, what they mean to your institution, common problems, issues and how to prepare your organisation for certification.
The course concludes with a short test where you will gain a Demonstrated digital credential and puts you in a good position to review and implement the changes needed to pass your Cyber Essentials certification.
Who should attend
Suitable for a wide audience from security roles, IT roles through to procurement roles bidding on government projects needing Cyber Essentials.
What we cover
- Cyber Essentials certification – what does it involve?
- An overview of the 79 questions
- Common pitfalls
- Discussion on aspects most relevant to your organisation
- Instant failures
- How to sell Cyber Essentials to senior management and gain organisational buy-in
- Assessor’s top tips
By the end of the session you will:
- Be able to highlight the benefits of obtaining Cyber Essentials certification to your organisation
- Be able to apply the 79 questions to your own organisation
- Have identified potential challenges and have a plan to resolve those
- Have a road map to Cyber Essentials certification planned
- Have successfully completed the test questions
- Have confidence in applying for Cyber Essentials certification
Pricing and eligibility
- Jisc members - £150 + VAT
- Non-member , not-for-profit - £180 + VAT
Member types and VAT information
- Jisc members – typically publicly funded FE, HE and research institutions
- Non-members - Eligible local government, public sector, private/independent education providers and non-profit customers
- VAT - VAT is charged at 20% of the value of the service. If you are a member of Jisc’s VAT-exempt cost sharing group, and you are able to provide confirmation of the exact taxable/exempt use of the service, we will be able to reduce the amount of VAT chargeable to reflect the taxable business use proportion of the service only. This additional information is required as a result of a change to HMRC policy.
For more information, email email@example.com or phone 01235 822242.
Join the community
Get support and connect with like-minded peers by joining our cyber security community group.
An easy route to procurement
We are an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service dynamic purchasing system (DPS). This provides a simple and trusted way for public sector buyers and our members to procure Jisc cyber security services and training.