This highly-interactive, live, online course is led by a Cyber Essentials assessor and designed to guide you through the 79 questions involved in the Cyber Essentials certification process, what they mean to your institution, common problems, issues and how to prepare your organisation for certification.
The course concludes with a short test where you will gain a Demonstrated digital credential and puts you in a good position to review and implement the changes needed to pass your Cyber Essentials certification.
Who should attend
Suitable for a wide audience from security roles, IT roles through to procurement roles bidding on government projects needing Cyber Essentials.
What we cover
- Cyber Essentials certification – what does it involve?
- An overview of the 79 questions
- Common pitfalls
- Discussion on aspects most relevant to your organisation
- Instant failures
- How to sell Cyber Essentials to senior management and gain organisational buy-in
- Assessor’s top tips
By the end of the session you will:
- Be able to highlight the benefits of obtaining Cyber Essentials certification to your organisation
- Be able to apply the 79 questions to your own organisation
- Have identified potential challenges and have a plan to resolve those
- Have a road map to Cyber Essentials certification planned
- Have successfully completed the test questions
- Have confidence in applying for Cyber Essentials certification
Pricing and eligibility
- Jisc members - £150 + VAT
- Non-member , not-for-profit - £180 + VAT
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01235 822242.
An easy route to procurement
We are an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service dynamic purchasing system (DPS). This provides a simple and trusted way for public sector buyers and our members to procure Jisc cyber security services and training.