This course will be held on
19 July, 26 July 2022
- 10:00 – 12:00
Workplaces are changing. To live, learn and work in a digital society, your students need to develop the digital skills that employers want now, as well as the confidence and deeper-seated capabilities that will enable them to progress in their careers and adapt to emerging technologies.
Our research carried out in 2020 shows that students feel motivated to use technology to support their learning but need more guidance to assess their own digital skills for career planning.
How do we design in opportunities into courses for students to develop their digital skills and capabilities?
This workshop will build your confidence in designing and delivering a digital curriculum for students to learn successfully in digital settings, and to thrive in a digital world.
It will also include a series of activities to support you with designing in opportunities for students to develop relevant digital capabilities into their course, module or unit of learning.
- Increase your confidence to 'train the trainer' and encourage the use of digital in the curriculum
- Equip you to design curriculum activities to support students’ digital capabilities
- Take away materials and skills to share with your teams so they have a chance to implement too
- Share good practice and learn from others from within academic community
- One year of online support following the course
- Learn from subject matter experts within the Jisc community
Who should attend
This workshop is aimed at curriculum staff, whether subject specialist lecturers or other professionals involved in the curriculum (eg from the library, learning technology, learning support or employability teams).
What we cover
The workshop will cover the following:
- The digital curriculum - consider how digital technologies are changing the pathways of learners into, through, and beyond their studies.
- Developing digital capability in the curriculum - use the Jisc six elements digital capabilities model and the learner profile to choose activities that develop specific digital capabilities. You will then consider how best to adapt those activities to your own subject specialism.
- Digital teaching skills - use the Jisc digital capability teacher profiles and digital capability discovery tool to consider your digital teaching practice. You will gain confidence in areas where you are already proficient, and new ideas to try in areas where you are less confident.
- Discuss how the curriculum is changing and needs to change in response to digital opportunities and transformations
- Design and adapt curriculum activities to support students’ digital capabilities
- Assess your own digital capabilities for teaching, and plan to follow up their results
Pricing and eligibility
- Jisc members - £250 + VAT
- Non-member - not-for-profit - £325 + VAT
- Other organisations - £450 + VAT
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01235 822242.