This introductory course is for silver and gold Heidi Plus users who wish to master the essential functionality of Heidi Plus and take their knowledge and skills to an intermediate level.
Enjoy this interactive course which requires participants to engage in practical exercises under the supervision and guidance of an expert trainer.
Accreditation, in the form of a digital badge, is awarded after full attendance and successful completion of required tasks.
The in-person course takes place at Jisc’s London office.
Who is it for?
The course is suitable for anyone wanting to use Heidi Plus with little to no knowledge of HESA data and/or an analytical background.
However, you must:
- Already have your own sign in credentials to the HESA identity system as a silver or gold Heidi Plus user
- Be able to sign in to Heidi Plus on your own device and complete tasks as the course is running
- If attending in person, bring a laptop on which you can sign in to Heidi Plus
What does it cover?
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Navigate the Heidi Plus system and explore its pre-designed data dashboards
- Create and format interactive visualisations from appropriate HESA data sources
- Export and share your workbooks, applying data protection principles
- Apply pre-defined analytics and calculated fields to your visualisations to benchmark the performance of higher education providers
- Create interactive dashboards
- Begin to answer your business intelligence questions
What else do I need to know?
For the in-person course:
- Lunch and refreshments are provided each day
- Internet connection is provided
For both courses:
- You will be supplied with all necessary documentation and supporting resources
- After taking part, completing all required tasks successfully and submitting a course evaluation, you will be awarded a Jisc digital credential and badge
- Capacity is 5 - 15 participants per course (please note, if the minimum number is not reached, the course may be cancelled or an in-person course moved online)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.