This course will be held on
There are no upcoming dates
eduroam is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.
eduroam provides an infrastructure that allows users to authenticate onto a visited network (wireless and/or wired) using their home site credentials, without any local administrative burden or complexities on the user or the local IT staff.
This hands-on course takes participants through how eduroam operates at both a basic technical level, but also at a support level. Hands-on experience in labs is provided, showing how a RADIUS server can be configured for eduroam (both for home and for visited usage), examining the RADIUS proxy traffic and changing the contents of proxied messages.
- Share good practice and learn from others from within academic networking
- Tailored course specifically designed for Janet Network-connected organisations
- One year of online support following the course
Who should attend
This course is of benefit to anyone from an organisation connected to the Janet Network who wishes to gain a better understanding of how to implement eduroam in their organisation.
What we cover
- Overview of eduroam
- EAP, 802.1X and RADIUS
- Visited and home organisation configuration
- Deployment of service
- eduroam monitoring and support
On completion of this one day course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe EAP/RADIUS and eduroam proxying
- Describe the EAP authentication cycle
- Understand the additional requirements on equipment
- Describe the relationship between eduroam and eduroamUK
- Understand FreeRADIUS's role in the implementation of eduroam
- Understand how to integrate FreeRADIUS with Active Directory and how to analyse RADIUS packets
- Understand the requirements of a successful deployment of eduroam
- Describe the importance of certificates and validating your RADIUS server and the security concerns
- Understand how to troubleshoot and monitor your eduroam implementation
Pricing and eligibility
- Jisc members - £350 + VAT
- Non-member, not-for-profit - £400 + VAT
- Other organisations - £500 + VAT
For more information or to register your interest in future dates, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01235 822242.
Trust and identity consultancy
Our targeted, bespoke support gives you peace of mind that eduroam is configured correctly and properly maintained.