This course will be held on
There are no upcoming dates
The UK Access Management Federation provides a standardised way of exchanging authentication and authorisation requests in a consistent, secure and privacy-preserving manner.
Organisations who have members who wish to access such resources may wish to run their own Shibboleth identity provider to enable this. Similarly, organisations who have resources they wish to give access to through this method may wish to run their own Shibboleth service provider to enable this.
This course will be held on two consecutive days by Rhys Smith, our chief technical architect, trust and identity. The course will start off by providing a number of discussions and hands-on labs for you to work through individually and in a small group, centred around the installation and configuration of a Shibboleth 3 identity provider; this will then be tested against a reference Shibboleth service provider.
Later, you will look at the installation and configuration of a Shibboleth 3 service provider; along with guidance and practical experience of integrating this with a web application's access control mechanism. This installation will then be tested against a reference Shibboleth 3 identity provider.
This course includes some discussion of migration from an existing Shibboleth IdP or SP installation.
- Share good practice and learn from others from within academic networking
- Tailored course specifically designed for Janet Network-connected organisations
- One year of online support following the course
- High-quality materials including case studies, checklist and examples
- Learn from subject matter experts within the Janet Network community
- Affordable prices
- All course materials, equipment and labs provided
Who should attend
This technical course is aimed at anyone responsible for implementing a Shibboleth identity provider and/or service provider who has system administration skills with either Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit) or CentOS 6 (64 bit).
What we cover
Identity provider (course one)
- Understanding Shibboleth
- Identity provider prerequisites
- Identity provider installation
- Identity provider configuration
- Advanced identity provider topics
Service provider (course two)
- Service provider prerequisites
- Service provider installation
- Service provider configuration
- Integrating Shibboleth with web applications
- Advanced service provider topics
Pricing and eligibility
- Jisc members - £350 + VAT
- Non member - not-for-profit - £400 + VAT
- Commercial - £500 + VAT
Two-day course (full programme)
- Jisc members - £ 600 + VAT
- Non member - not-for-profit - £700 + VAT
- Commercial - £900 + VAT
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01235 822242.
Trust and identity consultancy
Our targeted, bespoke support can help you gain a better practical understanding of the technologies underpinning Shibboleth and other trust and identity services.