This course will be held on
There are no upcoming dates
This online workshop explores the ways in which technology-enhanced learning can support the development of learners’ digital identity and wellbeing.
Supporting learners’ digital identity and wellbeing is a key driver for organisations who want to prepare their learners for the digital workplace. You will:
- Explore the issues learners face when developing digital identities
- Be asked to complete a short survey and identify some key challenges that learners face
- Reflect on current organisational practices
- Address these challenges by sharing your approaches and solutions
The workshop will help build your confidence and provide you with a range of activities to use with learners, so you can make informed and responsible choices when using digital technologies that help them thrive in a digital world.
You will be able to take away the associated resources and complete, reflect on and follow up the activities in your own time.
You'll also be able to use the associated resources to run similar workshops in their own organisational settings.
Excellent training from knowledgeable facilitators. Great use of interactive technology to gain feedback from participants.
FE practitioner and workshop participant
- Share good practice and learn from others from within the education community
- Take away materials and skills to share with your teams
- One year of online support following the course
- Learn with our subject specialists
- All course materials provided
Who should attend
This workshop is aimed at curriculum staff and other professionals involved in supporting the welfare and support needs of learners (for example, from the library, learning technology, learning support or employability teams).
What we cover
The workshop will cover the following:
- The key drivers
You will consider how digital technologies impact on the learner experience and are changing the pathways of learners into, through, and beyond their studies. We'll share key drivers for supporting learners to develop positive digital identities and thrive in a digital world
- Developing digital capability in the organisation
You will use the Jisc six elements digital capabilities model and learner profile to explore a range of activities that support learners relating to digital identity and wellbeing. Although the activities are aimed at learners, digital identity and wellbeing is an equally important area for staff. The activities can be used with both and range from examples that can be used in person, to web-based activities that can be completed on demand.
Take a look at our short wellbeing taster course that is targeted at staff. This taster employs scenario-based learning to help staff consider what types of actions they can take to support learners. The self-paced taster module should take no longer than fifteen minutes to complete and could be used as a conversation starter to identify support approaches within your own organisation.
Pricing and eligibility
- Jisc members - £95 + VAT
- Non-member, not-for-profit - £115 + VAT
- Other organisations - £150 + VAT
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01235 822242.