About trust and identity consultancy
In UK research and education, you recognise the longer-term benefits of trust and identity services from Jisc, such as eduroam, govroam and the UK Access Management Federation – which give end users seamless access to services and resources, in a securely authenticated way, while reducing the burden on IT teams.
But in busy teams, there are often short-term hurdles to overcome in order to fully realise the benefits of these technologies – for which you may need external support if you don’t have time or capacity in-house.
That can be true whether you’re considering deploying or implementing a technology, or have an existing deployment that needs maintaining or updating.
To help you overcome these hurdles and realise the longer-term benefits of our federated services, we provide bespoke trust and identity consultancy.
A trusted, cost-effective service
Our trust and identity consultancy is available as an additional service, over and above your Jisc membership.
Because we are a not-for-profit company working for UK research and education, our additional services are designed to be cost-effective – and we reinvest any margin we make for the benefit of the UK research and education community.
How our consultancy service helps you
Because this is a tailored service, our main goal is to understand your specific needs as an organisation – and help you meet them as best we can. We will listen to your needs before preparing a formal proposal of work.
In general, our project support can help you to:
Reduce pressure on in-house teams
Deploying and maintaining trust and identity technologies can be complex, especially if you have limited time or capacity.
Our targeted consultancy service can help you relieve the pressure on IT teams in the short term, by providing you with a dedicated, expert resource.
And when you deploy a federated trust and identity service, you can also spend less time on tasks such as managing guest accounts over the longer term – among wider benefits for end-users.
Enhance your in-house capacity
Through workshops or one-to-one advice, our technical experts can help you gain a better practical understanding of the technologies underpinning our trust and identity services – including SAML, Shibboleth, FreeRADIUS and Microsoft NPS - to help you solve longer-term issues you may face.
Get peace of mind about your deployment
As an IT team, you want peace of mind that eduroam, govroam or the UK Access Management Federation are configured correctly and properly maintained.
Our consultancy service is provided by experts and can give you the confidence you need.
- Find out how Edina at the University of Edinburgh can access specialist trust and identity skills by paying for its training by retainer (pdf)
- See how New College of Humanities (NCH) in London can offer access to US content in a cost-effective way (pdf)
- See how Kingston University London was able to deliver on a commitment to the local borough council with the help of our trust and identity consultancy team (pdf)
- Read how EKC Group uses Jisc’s trust and identity retained expertise service to save time (pdf)
- Read more about how Abingdon and Witney College offer better access to digital resources (pdf)
- See how MidKent College used consultancy to set up eduroam and make sure they made effective use of it (pdf)
- Read how Activate Learning found a cost-effective solution to issues with federated access (pdf)
Find out more
To find out more about this or our other services, please contact your relationship manager.
If you need more in-depth trust and identity support, our retained expertise consultancy service offers an expert critical friend and mentor to help you achieve your goals.
This service is included within the scope of our ISO27001 certificate.