This course will be held on
There are no upcoming dates
ISO 27001 is a widely recognised standard for information security management systems (ISMS) and likely to become a mandatory standard for education institutions in the future. It is designed to help organisations of all types and sizes manage information security processes while optimising costs.
This one-day course provides an introduction to ISO 27001 best practice and achieving compliance with the standard.
Who should attend
Anyone looking to learn more about ISO 27001, prospective ISO 27001 project managers and auditors.
This course may be particularly useful for:
- IT or information security analysts, managers, consultants and project mangers
- Heads of IT and operations/quality managers.
This course is only available to Jisc members.
What we cover
- An overview of available standards and management system documentation
- The benefits of ISMS certification
- The core elements of an ISMS
- Key elements of ISMS implementation project planning
- An overview of ISO 27001 and its application
- The key steps of an ISO 27001 risk assessment
- An overview of the ISO 27001 Annex A controls
An overview and understanding of:
- Management system standards and integrated management systems
- Management system documentation and the requirements of ISO 27001
- The drivers for ISMS certification and the process of getting certified
- ISO 27001 and its application to improve information security
- Key elements of an ISMS implementation project: planning, scoping and communication
- Key steps of an ISO 27001 risk assessment
- ISO 27001 Annex A controls
- The value of accredited certification and what is required
Pricing and eligibility
- Jisc institutional members and those from the education and research sector: £485 + VAT
Please note, you are requesting a place on a public run of this course so we are unable to provide refunds for cancellations.
VAT is charged at 20% of the value of the service. If you are a member of Jisc’s VAT-exempt cost sharing group, and you are able to provide confirmation of the exact taxable/exempt use of the service, we will be able to reduce the amount of VAT chargeable to reflect the taxable business use proportion of the service only. This additional information is required as a result of a change to HMRC policy. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require more information.
If you are interested in combining this foundation course with the ISO 27001: lead implementer course or would like to enquire about attending online, please email email@example.com or phone 01235 822242.
Join the community
Get support and connect with like-minded peers by joining our cyber security community group.
An easy route to procurement
We are an approved supplier on the Crown Commercial Service dynamic purchasing system (DPS). This provides a simple and trusted way for public sector buyers and our members to procure Jisc cyber security services and training.