Discovery and consultancy
Helping higher education institutions implement learning analytics solutions with confidence.
Discovery and consultancy is designed to help higher education (HE) institutions navigate their way through the challenges that come with considering a learning analytics solution.
Specialist consultants provide a tailored and detailed analysis of:
- Your institution’s situation and readiness for learning analytics
- Digital infrastructure
- Current use and standard of data, including motivators, drivers and inhibitors to implementation
How it works
Whether you are taking your first steps with learning analytics or already have projects underway, discovery and consultancy will make an instant impact to your organisational development.
It includes a two-day virtual or on-site discovery evaluation designed to help you unlock your institution’s readiness. Our dedicated consultants will meet with your senior representatives to make recommendations on how you can harness your data as efficiently and as cost effectively as possible, as well as providing recommendations on cultural and technical readiness. They will define clear goals and objectives, assess the institution’s technical infrastructure and data sources to develop a tailored learning analytics implementation strategy.
On completion of your evaluation, you will be provided with a comprehensive report summarising how prepared your institution is to implement a learning analytics solution, key discussion points and proposed next steps.
Benefits to you
- Helps you to assess your organisations readiness, navigate complexities and uncover and address concerns
- Offers a tailored solution that meets your institutions needs, saving you time and money on wasted resources
- Helps you to make confident decisions, increasing your institutions chances of success
- Provides technical and ethical guidance to get you started, whether you are piloting or fully implementing learning analytics
- Has the right ethical policies in place to meet recognised industry standards
- Offers advice on stakeholder engagement and communications
- Helps you fine tune your processes, get your data ready, aligned and in the right order before implementation
- Makes sure you get the best possible value from your Jisc learning analytics solution and the results you want
- Support when you need it - our expert consultants have access to the most up-to-date industry intelligence
Case study: How Leeds Trinity University improved student progression and retention
“The discovery days provided a useful structure for our stakeholder engagement and Jisc used the workshop discussions to inform an independent action plan for us to consider at the start of our learning analytics project planning.” Rachel Glynn, Leeds Trinity University
Register your interest or contact the team to arrange your initial consultation.
Learning analytics code of practice
The starting point for anyone new to learning analytics should be to follow the code of practice for learning analytics and its eight ‘data ethics’ themes for successful deployment:
- Transparency and consent
- Enabling positive interventions
- Minimising adverse impacts
- Stewardship of data
Learn how to successfully plan and implement your learning analytics solution, ensuring you’ve got the legal, ethical and logistical issues sorted. Download the code of practice for learning analytics (pdf).
- Senior managers' guide to learning analytics
Find out how to assess your institutional readiness for learning analytics, build a business case, assess its impact and more with this in-depth guide
- Expert LA community group
Subscribe to our mailing list, be invited to our events, keep up to date with industry news and share best practice
- Data analytics blog
Visit our blog for the latest stories, news and updates
- Code of practice for learning analytics
A vital resource to help you plan and implement a learning analytics solution and ensure you’ve got everything covered
Related learning analytics solutions
Jisc’s learning analytics core service pulls together data from your institutions various student data streams, organises it and translates it into informative visualisations. This guidance helps you to better understand student engagement and improve teaching, learning and the student experience overall.
Find out more about learning analytics.
Providing your organisation with a hardware-free, fully integrated and seamless solution for student attendance monitoring. It connects directly to the data from your timetabling system, producing meaningful insights so you can proactively monitor student attendance, attainment and achievement, whether learning online or on campus.
Find out more about our broader consultancy options
We also offer wider consultancy services from our specialist consultants within the analytics for learning and teaching area. Get in touch to find out more.